Hey guys. So I finally built up the strength and courage to get the piercings I’ve been wanting for some time now, and wanted to share the experience for those of you interested in getting piercings. I’ve been visualizing two additional piercings in an area of my ear referred to as “Forward Helix”, which is the area right above the tragus. I’ve already had one helix piercing for about two years now, and I wanted to turn in into a line of three piercings. To be honest my experience with the first piercing in that area was so torturous that I just couldn’t imagine going through that pain again. AND… after backing away from the pain anticipation for months I decided that I was just gonna get it done at the cost of pain.
Ladies if you’re looking for comfortable, and cute bra-like coverage for working out you have to check out these bras I’ve been wearing lately by “Coobie”. I got one about a month ago and then got the 2nd one recently in a different color because the first one was so comfortable.They look great as a stand alone top or as a bra under low-cut workout tops/tee’s.
So I normally love to go out of town for my birthday as I sorta don’t like that birthday spotlight on me on the actual day of my birthday. Something about the introvert in me pops out around that time every year. LOL. Of course, it’s also a great reason to travel so I always book some vacation right around then. This year traveling didn’t workout for me due to a few reasons. One main reason being that my renewed passport never made it to my mailbox, and got lost right before my birthday. SO I stayed in town, and had a wonderful celebrations with my family and friends instead.
Although I had no idea staying in town meant getting delighted by so many beautiful flowers. I guess those that know me well also know how much love I to be surrounded by flowers, and so they did just that. Spoiled me with flowers. I have to say it totally made my day and I feel blessed to have such amazing and thoughtful people surrounding me.
And… with that in mind, I would like to thank M_Couture for most of beautiful arrangements this year. She’s definitely our go to florist as she specializes in unique designs rather than just basic flowers. I LOVE & LOVE her designed floral arrangements and she also does all other big events (weddings/engagements/birthdays, etc.) And let’s not forget the long stem roses from her that were taller my little niece. I died <3 I highly recommend her for all your events in the LA area. She’s soooo good…..
ᴬᴸᴸ ᵀᴴᴱ ᴮᴱᴬᵁᵀᴵᶠᵁᴸ ᶜᴼᴸᴼᴿˢ ᴮᴱᴸᴼᴺᴳ ᵀᴼ ᒎᘎᒪᎩ ? ᴸᴱᵀ ᵀᴴᴱ ᴮᴵᴿᵀᴴᴰᴬᵞ ᴹᴼᴺᵀᴴ ᴮᴱᴳᴵᴺ ?
Alright ladies! I’ve been getting lots of requests asking me for exercises that help tone up arms, and get rid of the flab in the back part of arms (triceps). So I prepared some of my favorite arm workout routines that you can do at the gym, or at home for toning the overall appearance of your arms. Now, I am not a certified personal trainer, although the exercises I am listing below worked well for me so I am sure it can help you as well.
If you’re going to perform these exercises at home you would need minimum equipment. You only need to purchase free-weights/dumbbells that are 10-15 pounds. You can find these super cheap at Ross or similar stores, and in any other sport store you visit. You can just substitute the bench for a chair or a firm sofa at home. I’ve prepared one a video to show all the moves together performed live, and then broken down the correct way of performing these exercises step-by-step. Hope you find these helpful, and please give me your feedback 🙂
[fvplayer src=”https://9g4943.p3cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/finalvideo.mp4″ splash=”https://9g4943.p3cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/img_3228-1.jpg” width=”1080″ height=”1080″]
- Grab a dumbbell and stand up straight with your arm extended in front of you (slight bend at the elbows), and a straight back. The dumbbell should be resting on top of your thigh with the palm of your hands facing your thighs.
- Use your side shoulders to lift the dumbbell as you exhale. The dumbbell should be close to the body as you move it up. Continue to lift it until the dumbbell is right below your chin. As you lift the dumbbell, your elbow should always be higher than your forearm.
- Lower the dumbbell back down slowly to the starting position. Inhale as you perform this portion of the movement.
- Start out with 3 sets of 10-15 reps by for each arm.
- For this exercise you will need to place a bench/chair behind your back, and stand backwards in front of it . Hold on to the bench on its edge with the hands fully extended, separated at shoulder width. The legs will be extended forward, bent at the waist and 90 degrees angles to your torso. This will be your starting position.
- As you inhale, slowly lower your body by bending at the elbows until you lower yourself far enough to where there is an angle slightly smaller than 90 degrees between the upper arm and the forearm. Keep the elbows as close as possible throughout the movement.
- Using your triceps to bring your torso up again, lift yourself back to the starting position.
- Start out with 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps.
You can place your legs on top of another flat bench in front of you in order to make the exercise more challenging.
- To begin, stand up with a dumbbell held in one hand. Your feet should be about shoulder width apart from each other. Fully extend the arm with the dumbbell over your head. The dumbbell should be above your head. This will be your starting position.
- Keeping your upper arm close to your head (elbows in), and lower the weight behind your head until your forearm lines up next to your head/face. Breathe in as you perform this step.
- Go back to the starting position by using the triceps to raise the dumbbell. Breathe out as you perform this step.
- Start out with 3 sets of 10-12 reps switching between arms.
You can also perform this exercise with a rope attached to a low pulley.
Dumbbell Both Arms Tricep Extension
- Stand with your feet together, holding a 10 -12 pound dumbbell with both hands.
- Contract your abs, lift the dumbbell overhead, and drop your hands behind your head, keeping your elbows next to your ears.
- Next, push the dumbbell back up toward the ceiling and release.
- Start out with 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
Dumbbell Latter Raise
- Hold dumbbells a little above your ears with arms at a 90 degree angle and palms facing forward. Feet should be shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Press the dumbbell up overhead with both arms, keeping it in a straight line until your full arms are extended and dumbbells are lined up parallel to each other.
- Use your abs to keep your body still and lower the arms back to original starting point.
- Start out with 3 sets of 15 reps.
You can also perform this exercise by seating on a bench, but keep your back straight.
I would recommend focusing on arms at least once or twice a week to get it in shape, and once you become comfortable with your current weights you may want to change to heavier weights. Don’t worry the weights will not get you bulky! LOL. In addition to these routines, I recommend mixing other strength building exercises such as push-ups, pull-ups, planks, etc., that can be performed at home. I am also working on another blog for back exercises I shot the same day to target that nasty bulge right around the bra area so please stay tuned. Also, leave a comment below to let me know what else you would like to get more info on.
Yaaay! It’s almost summer…. And I’ve been committing to some really exclusive health & fitness meals/articles that I wanted to share with everyone. Healthy snacks to eat after 8, shrinking stomach fat, women’s fitness myths, and more. They all come from my favorite fitness app called “Fitonomy“. Their app provides 3D interactive animation of full-body exercises to take you through the workout, and see how the exercise is supposed to be performed. You can download their app for free, but it costs monthly if you keep it after initial trial period (1 week). I always take screenshots of their healthy food content. And for the past 6 weeks I’ve been sticking to these snacks/vegetables to get my tummy bikini ready for summer. I even save some amazing workout routines from them, and then try them while at the gym. So here are some quick and worth-knowing highlights that I think can help you out as well.
Healthy Snacks You Can Eat After 8PM
I was totally thrown off by the choice of pop-corn in this image, but Heeyyy! Now I definitely feel better about doing popcorn and movies at nights.
5 Veggies That Kill Stomach Fat
Who knew onions killed stomach fat. Apparantly they work even if grilled or sauteed. I hate raw onions, but am willing to increase my intake of grilled or sauteed onions. 🙂
Top Muscle Building Foods
If you’re like me, and always trying to build muscle, well then these food options must roll into your diet immediately…
What To Eat Before/After Workout
Eating a healthy snack right before a workout always helps boost my energy, and of course what you eat afterwards is also super important. Hummus somehow appears in all workout/health related articles. Gotta love Hummus…
Biggest Women’s Fitness Myths – Fitonomy
“Lifting heavy will make you look like a man” is definitely my favorite myth about women because those of you who personally know me or see my pics know that I am far from looking like a man, and I have been gradually increasing my weights for years now. But there are some other interesting myths listed in this article to discover. Read on…
Hopefully you took away some good points from these articles. I can’t validate the science behind all of the food recommendations they list here, but I think it’s worth a read. I definitely love their workout routines as they highlight the muscles being worked on with each exercise. Please comment below and let me know your thoughts 🙂